Saturday, February 15, 2014

Glinting Like Gems

Why let the celebration of love, sensuality, and steaminess end when Valentine's Day is over? Let's keep it going for a few more days!

Actually, I'll keep it going on my blog much longer, but I just won't be posting every day. Please come on back and visit. And tell your friends!

* * * 

Glinting Like Gems

The glint in her
blue-hazel eyes

The shine of her
glossy deep red lipstick.

The sparkle of her
diamond earrings
I realize just now
that I gave her two
Valentine's Days ago.
(or was it three?)

All giving me
tiny flashes,
gemlike,
reflecting the
candle's dancing light.

Beautiful flashing gems
on a beautiful face,
whenever she tilts her head
a hundred flashes go off
like cameras of paparazzi
trying to capture this beauty,
but they'll never get her.

I'll be the one capturing her,
bringing her back home,
and my body will press on top
of hers on our bed,
moving inside her as we
moan with pleasure.

And I'll have to put a candle
on each nightstand,
those candles we bring out
only occasionally with
dinner at our place
(but we need to do that more)
and with the candles
flanking our bed,
I'll get to see the gems glinting
on her eyes,
her gorgeous red lips,
her earring gifts.

But I wonder
if I really capture her
in these moments,
or is it me that
she's captured?

No comments:

Post a Comment